Final overall survival results
- No statistically significant difference in OS after a median duration of 39 months (HR=0.89; 95% CI, 0.73-1.10; log rank P=0.14)1
- 2.6 years (31 months) is the longest reported median OS duration in a phase 3 clinical trial in HR+, HER2– advanced breast cancer1-4*
- AFINITOR plus exemestane demonstrated median OS duration of 31 months (95% CI, 28.0-34.6) compared with 26.6 months (95% CI, 22.6-33.1) for exemestane alone1,5
BOLERO-2, Breast Cancer Trials of Oral Everolimus-2; OS, overall survival; PFS, progression-free survival.
- Piccart M, Hortobagyi GN, Campone M, et al. Everolimus plus exemestane for hormone-receptor-positive, human epidermal growth factor receptor-negative advanced breast cancer: overall survival results from BOLERO-2†. Ann Oncol. 2014;25(12):2357-2362.
- AFINITOR [summary of product characteristics]. Novartis Pharma AG; 2016.